Ethylene Dibromide is also known as Ethane, 1,2-dibromo-, alpha, beta-Dibromoethane, 1,2-Dibromoethane, Ethylene bromide, sym-Dibromoethane, 106-93-4, Glycol bromide and comes with Molecular Formula of C2H4Br2 and Molecular Weight of 187.86116.
It is made using ethylene and bromine as well as through use of acetylene and hydrobromic acid and comes colorless liquid form with a characteristic chloroform odour/sweet odour
- Boiling Point: 131-132°C
- Melting Point: 9.97°C
- Density/Specific Gravity (Liquid): 2.172 g/ml
- Solubility in around 250 parts water, acetone, benzene, ethyl ether and ethanol
- Miscible solubility with Non-Alkaline Organic liquids.
Also Used In :
- In waterproofing preparations
- To control nematodes and moths in beehives.
Ethylene Dibromide /1.2-Dibromo Ethane
2.17 at 2.18(W/W)
Moisture% (By K.F)